How do you encourage a child to read?
By giving them something they want to read.
And that’s just what we’re doing with our Just Book It! Fill the Library campaign that will help fill the library shelves at the new North Elementary School opening this August in Bryson. The North librarian has curated a list of books that explore a wide variety of topics, all in hopes of finding that certain something that will spark an interest and build invaluable reading skills. From Lego superheroes to ballerinas to Star Wars, there’s sure to be something for all interests.
People purchasing books can also find stories that they might remember reading to their own children or even that their parents read to them. Some of the classics include Amelia Bedelia books, the Magic Tree House series, “Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day” and a variety of fairy tales.
Here’s what else you’ll find on the North librarian’s wish list:
- - My Guide to the Planets series, which details each planet in our solar system
- - Dinosaurs and more dinosaurs, from fictional tales to educational books that explore different aspects of the prehistoric creatures
- - The Baby-Sitters Club series
- - Texas Bluebonnet Award-winning books
- - Pete the Cat I Can Read books
- - Llama Llama stories
- - Elephant & Piggie biggie! Books
- - Narwhal and Jelly series
- - Dog Man books
- - So many more!
If you’ve ever savored a quiet moment reading — maybe snuggled up with someone you love — consider giving the same gift to the young North Elementary School Navigators as they take their first steps to becoming lifelong readers. The campaign continues through Aug. 15.